The Neighbourhood Plan is underway and you may have seen or attended events already. This is an exciting project that we hope will generate lots of ideas that can
be taken forward.
If you are interested in helping us to develop the Neighbourhood Plan, or would just like to know more about it, we would love to hear from you. Get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come along to our Steering Group meetings. These are open to the public to attend and observe. The next meeting is on 9th May at 7pm in Spixworth Village Hall.
Neighbourhood plan – A Timeline
– March 2018 – We are busy considering the feedback from the recent consultation event. This will be discussed in detail at the next Steering Group meeting.
– February 2018 – community consultation event the Village Hall. It was great to have the opportunity to chat with a number of residents at our consultation event on Saturday 24th February. All of the comments and views we received are appreciated as these will be used to inform the Neighbourhood Plan.
– January 2018 – Steering Group meets to finalise vision and objectives in preparation for the next community consultation event planned for February.
– December 2017 – Steering Group meets to consider the feedback received at the launch and starts to develop the vision and objectives for the Neighbourhood Plan.
– November 2017 – Parish Council secures grant funding from central government towards the cost of preparing the Neighbourhood Plan.
Saturday 11th November – launch event in the village to mark the start of the plan process …At the launch event we received very helpful comments about what is liked/least liked about Spixworth and what residents would like to see change. We were also pleased to receive views and suggestions on a vision for Spixworth and objectives for the Neighbourhood Plan to focus on.
– October 2017 – Broadland District Council approves application to designate the civil Parish of Spixworth as the Neighbourhood Area. Map of Designated Neighbourhood Area.
Steering Group formed to oversee the production of the Neighbourhood Plan. At its first meeting the Group elects residents Peter Holdroyd as its Chairman and Paula Harkin-Perry as Vice Chairman.
– September 2017 – As one of the first steps the Parish Council applies to Broadland District Council, the local planning authority, to designate the neighbourhood area for the Spixworth Neighbourhood Plan.